01 March 2006
Paperwork
I feel bad for not posting here more often. There is a lot of stupidity out there so sometimes I don't know where to start. This particular rant has to do with the adoption but I figured it was better to post it here than on the adoption blog.

Stupidity=paperwork... or the other way around, I'm not sure. No one in the world has ever been made one iota smarter by doing paperwork. EVAR. In fact, I'm quite convinced that it's exactly the opposite. Everytime I fill out another piece of paper (especially one which I have already filled out at least once before), I feel my IQ go down. No one wakes up in the morning saying "gee, I really hope I get to fill out some paperwork today. That's my favorite thing in the whole wide world!" Yeah, right. Never going to happen. If there is, by some chance, a person out there like that I suggest the following: We gather a group of adoptive parents together, with copies of their homestudies in hand. Then, we all get to beat said person with the homestudy (and believe me, that's a lot of paper). After that we will create a big bonfire using the paperwork, and burn that person at the stake! Am I being too harsh?

Maybe that's why our social worker is the way he is? He's just done too much paperwork. (although I'm betting it's the pot) This guy kills me. Not to mention the fact that he charged us MORE for our homestudy update than he did for K&E's.... AND IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING! Nothing like paying $100 per page (or more in our case). I am in the wrong business. Seems to be our luck lately. And we can't change social workers now, it's too late.... nothing to do but grin and bear it. That doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger Jennefer said...
Thanks for pointing out more stupidity for us. Paper work is a life long curse that is forced upon us by society starting in Kindergarten and increases every day. Adoptions just exasberate the paper work crisis while at the same time emptying our pockets. No one is getting through this adoption process without scars.

Just think though. Your posterity might find your homestudy information quite valuable at some point. It has stuff in there that you may have never thought to record about your self and your history. Just a thought.

Blogger Maggie said...
If I had switched to the other agency I was looking at for a while I would have had to get a doctor to sign a form stating that MY doctor is qualified to be a doctor. Just one more example of how paperwork=stupidity.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Excuse me, but you haven't lived until you have waited on a 2 hour line in a dirty, stinky NYC borough county clerk office trying to explain what "apostilled" means to a $5/hr, don't want to talk to you 'cause I gots to get home to my baby daddy "worker", while trying to ignore the homeless man incessantly rattling his change cup, and trying not to look at your watch because you promised your boss this adoption thing wouldn't get in the way of your work!!!! Please girl, can I be HEAD asswhooper at that bonfire you are planning!!??