26 June 2006
A challenge
OK, OK, so I know I'm really (and I mean REALLY) bad about posting to my blog. Bad me. Maybe I should protest my own stupidity... but that's another post. I am going to try to post the dumbest thing I see each day. That way, I get in the habit of posting more often and you (the reader) get highly entertained, or so I hope.

Here is my challenge to everyone out there. I read somewhere that the average American household receives 8 credit card solicitations PER DAY. Inside each of these solicitations is a postage paid envelope right? I say it's time to send the credit card companies a message about all the junk mail that they clutter my mailbox with. So here is my idea. Take the blank application you get from credit card company A and place it into the postage paid envelope to credit card company B and vice versa. Don't fill out any of the information just place the blank form in there and send it off. Do this with however many solicitations your receive. See the credit card companies only pay when those are sent back (or somewhere). If enough people did this it might just hurt their bottom line enough to make them think twice about sending me an offer every damn day, or eight for that matter. Come on people are you with me?!

Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
so this means you want me to not recycle the credit card offers when they come? Can do!

Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...
Great Post!

My MIL has been doing this for a few years now. She even sends the junk mail that comes with a return envelope but no postage. She just leaves the return address blank or either enters their address as the return address. In turn, the company has to pay postage on all the mail she returns! I think 1 or 2 have even called her and ask that she not return the mailer without a stamp - the nerve of them!

Blogger Jessie said...
I am SO all over this. What a great idea!

Blogger Suzanne said...
tee hee

I thought I was the only one that did that. There is a real pleasure in filling THEIR mailboxes with junk, eh?

Yours in postage rebellion,

Suzanne

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I'm in. Should we tally how much junk we are sending back?

Then we'll need to figure out who we can forward all of the junk emails too as well.

Blogger Jennefer said...
You posted! I am so excited about that. I need more stupidity protesting in my life.

My strategy for the credit card solicitations is for M to open and deal with them. It has worked so far, but I will pass on your idea to him.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Oh and don't worry. I won't tell him that this is part of your slow world domination plan.

Blogger Mary said...
Oh I'm with you! This is genius! I wonder if there's a way to do the same with those pesky telemarketers!

Blogger SoFlaMom said...
I have one better. Take the one of the hundreds of Free AOL disks and stick that inside the postage paid envelope. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

SoFlaMom

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I only wish I had thought of this. Does the fact I didn't think of it mean I'm stupid?