28 June 2006
You've GOT to be kidding me
Having solved all the other problems in the school district, the Federal Way school board voted 4-1 to continue to allow students to wear flip-flops to school. Whew, I sure am glad they settled that! It was weighing heavily on my mind. Let's forget about over-crowding, lack of funding for our schools, low teacher pay and focus on the really important matters like FLIP-FLOPS?! Explain to me how a school district with a $1.5 million dollar shortfall has time to vote on crap like this. Here's a quote from the one asshat that voted yes on the ban: "Board member Charlie Hoff cast the dissenting vote. He continued supporting banning flip-flops so board members could “fulfill our responsibility to develop an appropriate learning environment.” This quote comes after the fact the board voted to cut 20 librarian positions throughout the district. HUH? So let me get this straight, flip-flops create an "inappropriate" learning environment, but firing nearly every librarian in the district doesn't? Come on, let's get our priorities straight here. I know if I lived in Federal Way, who wouldn't be getting my vote next time. Stupidity in action.

Here's a link to an article about this if you want to read it: Federal Way Stupidity

Labels:

6 Comments:
Blogger SoFlaMom said...
Not only do they debate flip flops on the West Coast, we have the same issue in FL. Is this a national epidemic???

SoFlMom

Blogger Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
O.k. Smarty pants. This is a good one. I have a friend who was a PTA President over the past year and she complains about this stuff all the time. All of this totally stupid work was given to her (from the school board) that in her mind was completely pointless- not allowing her to address the real needs and issues of the school. I swear the school board makes up issues just so they don't have to address real needs.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Don't get our worship team leader started on the FDWSB--especially since she wears flip flops to teach. By the way did you know that I use to work for the "infamous" district before I started at SMLC.

IAL

Blogger Rhonda said...
Interesting. I wonder WHY flip-flops are so controversial. They never really said...I wonder if they even know.

Blogger Donna Piranha said...
I love this. Thanks. I too am sick of "dumbassedness". I might have to start using this word instead of the fucktard I find myself saying too frequently. Keep up with the posts!