11 December 2006
I'mmm baaaack...
I bet you gave up on me. Come on, tell the truth. You think I should blog about myself for being so stupid. At some points in my day I would agree with that. I have decided there is entirely too much stupidity to let this blog fall by the wayside. Check back soon for an exciting announcement about this very blog. (are you on the edge of your seat yet?)

Without further ado, on to the stupid people.

So on Friday, the wife and I head out to a local concert and a much needed break from toddler-dom. It was a great concert and much fun was had by all. There were lots of people there and much un-supervised dressing (we'll get to that in another post). The dumbness begins at intermission. This particular concert was held at a local theatre. You know the kind. The old rundown movie house that no one could bring themselves to tear down, so they renovate it and turn it into the community theatre. The best part about these theatres is the fact that usually have a full stocked bar during intermission. The time comes so me and misses (along with a hundred other people) head out to the lobby for a drink. There are two rules that apply here people: 1) The line is long so you have plenty of time to decide what you want by the you get to the front, be prepared! 2) Have your CASH ready so the bartender can quickly make change and serve the next patron (me). Did you hear me? I said CASH. Don't be like the idiot lady at the front of the line that wanted to use a credit card. I mean the bartender didn't even have a machine. Not even a manual machine. Nope, he had to take the lady's card and make a rubbing of it. Kind of like you did in kindergarten but for "grown ups". So do us all a favor and stop by the cash machine before coming the show, all I want is my drink...

Labels:

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Heh, maybe long lines are the real reason for the hideous carpet at the Anchorage Performing Arts Center! Huge (and I mean HUGE) poppies in nauseating colors scattered across the floor. YUCK! I've never tried my patience by standing in one of those lines (that's what husbands are for), so haven't had to deal with that particular stupidity.